Honoring My Teachers
In Eastern yoga traditions, it is important to honor one’s teachers. I have tremendous gratitude for the teachers that have inspired me and generously share their wisdom and expertise. You have each greatly impacted my practice and elevated my teaching. I can only hope to inspire my students in the same way, as I continue to learn and grow in my practice. Thank you.
- Saskia Bergmans Smith
- Kim Valeri
- Tobie Schuerfeld
- Jonathan Foust
- Larissa Hall Carlson
- Michelle Dalbec
- Coby Kozlowski
- Melina Meza
- Dr. Baxter Bell
- Dr. John Douillard
- Rolf Gates
About Julie Luciani
Julie has a strong belief in the healing power of yoga and making Yoga accessible to every body type. Her classes are alignment based with an emphasis on breathing techniques and movement patterns that may create an environment for healing in the body and mind.
In her carefully sequenced classes, students find freedom to challenge themselves while balancing strength, mobility and flexibility. She uses props or the wall to offer support in many poses that may be inaccessible to the student.
Julie is a certified 500 hour Kripalu yoga instructor, currently pursuing a 1000 hour certification through the Kripalu School of Yoga and Ayurveda. She is also a registered Occupational Therapist since 1989 with extensive experience working with seniors to improve strength, range of motion, balance and endurance to overcome physical limitations and move with more ease.
Her study in Ayurveda and wellness led to a pursuit in organic gardening and vegetarian cooking. Julie also enjoys kayaking, skiing, hiking with her dogs and Sunday dinners with her five children.
- Registered Occupational Therapist with the State of Connecticut
- 200 hour teacher training, YogaSpirit™ Studios (Kim Valeri, Saskia Smith)
- 500 hour Kripalu Yoga instructor, pursuing a 1000 hour certification through Kripalu School of Yoga and Ayurveda
- Certified in Kripalu Yoga In The Schools
- Certified in Yoga for Healthy Aging
- Certified in Accessible Yoga
- Certified Pre-natal Yoga teacher through Pranakriya School of Yoga
- Level 1 iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation Teacher
- Kripalu School of Ayurveda training